Sugar Hair Removal Preparation
Before your appointment, you will want to ensure the following:
- Exfoliate the skin a minimum of 2 days before your appointment. Do not exfoliate the day before, the day of or the day after;
- Do not moisturize by putting creams or lotions on the area that will be receiving treatment;
- Do not apply deodorant if getting underarms sugared;
- For best results, hair should be at least a 1/4 of an inch long.
If you currently:
- Razor/Shave – Allow at least 10-14 days of regrowth before getting sugared.
- Wax – Allow 4 weeks of regrowth before getting sugared.
- Sugar – Allow 4-6 weeks of regrowth.
Hint: Everyone has a different pain tolerance. Some women try taking a pain reliever 30 to 40 minutes prior to their service as this can ease the pain. Remember with regular sugaring the pain will decrease as the hair becomes finer and sparser!